Royal Norfolk Show
In line with UK Government recommendations
the Summer Show has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.
Norfolk & Norwich Horticultural Society
In Conjunction with
Norwich Group of Flower Clubs - Flower Arrangement Competition
‘Flowers for All’
1 – 2 July 2020
Entries Close on 6pm Friday 19 June 2020
Mrs A Bridge
Mrs D Waymark
Mrs Kaye Souter NDSF, FSF
Submit your entries online using the form below. Or by post and email to address shown to the left.
Entry is free for NNHS and affiliated Society members and £2 per entry for non members.
Please enter your details in the boxes below and then click on boxes for the entries you would like make.
- The judges' decisions shall be final, unless a protest in writing against a decision by them be lodged with the Floral Art Co-ordinators by 2pm on the day of judging.
- STAGING TIMES Club Class may be staged from 1pm and other Classes from 2pm on Tuesday 30 June 2020. The marquee must be vacated by 9pm on Tuesday. Access for checking exhibits will be allowed from 6.0-6.30am on Wednesday, prior to commencement of judging at 6.45am.
- Exhibits MUST NOT be removed before 5pm on Thursday.
- Nothing may be attached to the staging background. All exhibits to be viewed and judged from the front unless otherwise stated.
- An exhibitor may place only one entry in each class.
- Entries will be accepted on a first come first served basis depending on the availability of space. All entries will be acknowledged but ONLY if accompanied by a SAE or email address. A SAE is also required for your car park pass.
- All exhibits and exhibitors’ property will be at the risk of the exhibitor. The NNHS and the RNAA cannot be held responsible in any way for any loss or damage sustained by the exhibitor.
- Exhibitors’ cards MUST be collected from the Floral Art Co-ordinators and displayed face down on the exhibit prior to judging.
- All exhibits must be the unaided work of the competitor(s) and must be assembled in the marquee with the exception of Classes F3, F5 & F9 which may be submitted already assembled.
- ALL MEASUREMENTS GIVEN ARE APPROXIMATE. All exhibits in Classes F1-F9, with the exception of Class F3, to be judged in accordance with the NAFAS Competitions Manual 3rd Edition 2015. (See manual for rules on pre prepared work that is included in designs). Exhibitors in Class F1 & F2 should be aware that the height of the marquee wall is 2.75 metres after which height could be restricted.
- Aerosol sprays MUST NOT be used in the marquee.
- Novices may enter any class but the NOVICE CLASS is open only to competitors who have never won a First Prize in Flower Arranging Classes at any NNHS or NAFAS Show.
- The Club Class (F1) is not eligible for Best-in-Show Award.
- ALL RUBBISH TO BE REMOVED BY THE EXHIBITOR(S).
Norfolk & Norwich Horticultural Society
Anita Bridge Memorial Salver (Club Class), Joyce Wright Trophy (Best in Show), Noller Trophy (Novice Class).
Norwich Group of Flower Clubs
Norwich Group Trophy (Best in Show),
Pat Whall Trophy (Runner-up to Best in Show),
Jocelyn Steward Trophy (Club Class – only awarded to NAFAS affiliated Clubs),
Doris Waymark Award (Best use of Garden Plant Material),
Valerie Hodds Award (Best use of Colour),
Linda Knights Award (Most Innovative Exhibit),
Renee Holland Award (Miniature/Petite Class),
Norwich Group Novice Trophy (Novice Class).
Norwich Group Junior Trophy (Best Exhibit in Junior Class)
(Trophies and Awards to be kept for one year only.)
Class F1 1ST £50 2ND £30 3RD £20
Classes F2, F3, F4, F6, F7 1ST £10 2ND £7.50 3RD £5
Class F5 & F8 1ST £7.50 2ND £5 3RD £3
Prize money and the following awards will be presented in the Marquee at 4.00pm on Thursday 2 July:
* Book tokens will be awarded to the winners of the two age categories
in Class F9 (Junior Class) - these are 'Under 12' and '12 to 16'.
Tickets: With the exception of Classes F5 and F9, each exhibitor will receive one ticket for entry into the Showground together with a car park pass. [Further entrance tickets to the Show can be obtained in advance from several local supermarkets and online (see local Press for details).] Passes will also be issued for staging on Tuesday. A car park pass will be available for those delivering and collecting exhibits in Classes F5 and F9. An entry ticket to the Show is not required after 7pm on Thursday.